Remember the song “Blue Moon”? The song was about a lonely guy wanting his love to appear, then she appears, then his is happy. Well, that’s why tea lovers can go blue mooning over Blue Q tea. Flavors to yearn for, now they’re here!
Originally concocted by company co-owners and brothers Mitch and Seth Nash as the name for what they had planned to be a lighting company in 1988, Blue Q is a testimony to the saying “The best laid plans of mice and men…” Tea is another item in their growing line-up of unexpected products.
Mitch Nash seems to lean toward the creative and so became the Art Director for Blue Q, located in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. He assures that their tea packages stand out in a crowd, with fun and rather quirky images. And those images fit the quirky names and the quirky flavored teas and herbals inside, perfect for those who want a taste apart from the usual. All of their teas are bagged in a biodegradable material. Steep. Sip. Toss in the compost. Repeat often!
- Blue Q Tea Merci Berries and Rose — An elegant India black tea with strawberries, a rose petal or two, and flavorings.
- Blue Q Easy Pleasy Peach and Ginger Tea — A black tea with sweet peach, a grate of ginger, and flavorings.
- Blue Q Easy Pleasy Earl Grey Tea — Another version of one of the most popular flavored classic teas. Black tea scented with oil of bergamot and with sweet black currants for a fruity twist.
- Blue Q Today’s Special Green Tea — A delicate green tea with a playful pinch of Spanish orange peel and other flavorings.
- Blue Q Today’s Special Earl Grey with Jasmine Tea — Another version of this classic flavored tea. Bergamot and jasmine give it fragrant floral notes.
- Blue Q Todays Special Oolong Plum Tea — A delicious tea featuring elegant Oolong and lively plum along with safflowers.
- Blue Q Pleasant Holidays with Family Tea— A black tea spiced with ginger root, cardamom extract, cinnamon, black pepper, and flavorings. A great base for your own masala chai. Just add some milk and the sweetener of your choice.
- Blue Q Tea Merci Chamomile — A soothing Egyptian chamomile infusion, blended with orange peel, rosehips, lemon grass, hibiscus, peppermint, and flavoring.
- Blue Q Tea Merci Lemon Ginger — A sweet, red South African Rooibos infusion with a kick of lemony tasting lemongrass, plus ginger, cinnamon, and flavorings.
- Blue Q Easy Pleasy Red Rooibos— A lovely red Rooibos infusion with delicious rosehips, tangy hibiscus, elderberry, and flavorings.
Each is available in an artistically decorated box containing 16 individually wrapped tea bags. Their ingredients meet the highest quality standards. Also, there’s never a better time to buy. They’re on sale!
© Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog, 2009-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this article’s author and/or the blog’s owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.