We just have to start out by telling you that this brand, Twinings Tea, has been around for 300+ years! Thomas Twining, the founder of Twinings Tea, turned his back on following his fathers footsteps in 1701, and began handling early shipments of tea at the age of 26. In 1749, Thomas’ son, Daniel began exporting tea to America after his fathers’ passing. In 1787, the logo was developed and is the oldest commercial logo that has been continuous since it was made.
In 1837, Twinings Tea was the main supplier of tea to Queen Victoria’s household. Twinings held their ground even when wars broke out and continued producing tea for Red Cross POW parcels, Women’s Voluntary Service and YMCA Wartime Canteens.
Twinings famous English Breakfast Tea was first made in 1933.
Now there are over 500 varieties of tea!
- Let’s talk Christmas in August. Our top seller of tea bags is the Christmas Tea:
- Black Tea
- Holiday Spiced Cinnamon and Cloves
- 20 Tea Bags
- Made in Great Britain
“Bought my first box of Christmas tea at the Twinings tea store at Disney 3 years ago and have been drinking it year round since! It’s my favorite!” (Posted on 4/27/2017) – Kitty, an ETS Customer
2. Perfect for the indecisive, the lover of all teas or the taste tester is the Variety Pack Tea K-Cups:
- Earl Grey: Black/Bergamot Flavor
- Chai: Black/Cinnamon/Ginger/Cardanin/Clove
- English Breakfast
- 10 K-Cups
3. A best seller of loose leaf tea is the English Breakfast Tea:
- Blend of Ceylon, Kenyan and Indian Teas
- Full Bodied Brew
- 3.53 oz.
“Super markets simply do not recognize tea in anything other than bags, or occasionally Earl Gray in small tins. I depend on The English Tea Store to send me orders of three Twinings English Breakfast 7.04oz tins of loose tea at regular intervals. The tea is always fresh and flavorful, the tins arrive very shortly after the order is placed and the price is quite attractive. I have been and will remain a faithful customer.” (Posted on 12/10/2016) – Will, an ETS Customer
4. And lastly, iced tea for when you want something cold on a hot day, Cold Brewed Iced Tea Citrus Twist is an ETS favorite:
- Cold Brew
- Black Tea with Orange, Lemon, Lime and Bergamot
- 1 Bag Makes an 8 oz. Glass
- 20 Count
Stay tuned for next weeks brand: TYPHOO!