Two big holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas, are just around the corner, and as we all know, it’s typical to celebrate both with tons of delicious food! I always try to shake our holiday meals up by trying one or two new recipes each year. This year, we’re going to try a recipe for Chai stuffing! This recipe is simple and includes my family’s favorite Chai Spice tea, so there’s no way I can go wrong. If you love Chai tea, this recipe is just the thing for you!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 7 1/2 oz unseasoned bread cubes
- 4 Chai Spice teabags
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Chicken stock as needed
Here’s what to do:
- Allow the Chai teabags to steep for 5 minutes in a half cup (1/2 cup) of boiling water. Remove the teabags.
- Combine the olive oil, celery, onions, apple and shallot in a medium sauce pan. Cook the mixture over medium heat until soft.
- Combine your sauteed vegetables, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, pepper, water and Chai Spice concentrate in a large bowl. Mix well. If more moisture is desired add the chicken stock as needed.
- Spread the mixture in a shallow baking dish and bake at 300 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. The stuffing should be served immediately for best flavor experience.
The stuffing can be served as a side dish or as a meat stuffing. You can also make your own additions to this recipe. Add cranberries, finely chopped walnuts or your family’s favorites to change both the texture and flavor. Enjoy!
[Editor’s note: Our blog is chock full of great articles on this topic. Use our search feature to find them!]
© Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog, 2009-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this article’s author and/or the blog’s owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.