While the kids are hoping for the latest must-have toy under the Christmas tree, tea lovers are putting their list of teas and related items in their letters to Santa (and laying copies around for their friends and family to find, just in case). Nothing can bring that twinkle to their eyes like a tea gift on Christmas morning!
Teas gifts are quite popular. You can, of course, buy a pre-made gift basket for the tea lover you know. Or you can go a step up and select from the vendor’s pre-determined alternatives. Or better still you can go all the way and craft the perfect tea gift, from something simple and charming for that tea newbie you know or something truly super for the tea connoisseur in your life.
Crafting the perfect tea gift:
- Choose some kind of container, such as a woven basket, a wooden tray, or a metal planter large enough to hold all the delights you will want to include as part of the gift.
- Select a teapot or mugs, or maybe a tea-for-one or tea-for-two set in either a regular design or a Christmas design.
- Choose a tea or two or three, basing your selections here on the giftee ― for the newbie a sampler pack of black or green teas might be a good start, but for a more knowledgeable tea lover you will want to select something more for the refined palate such as some Tie Kuan Yin Iron Goddess Oolong.
- Lots of seasonal goodies abound right now, and you can select either based on what will go well with the teas or something special for this time of year.
- Don’t forget a touch of whimsy by including a holiday ornament.
- Dress it all up with ribbons and bows.
If you’re ordering online, be sure to order in time for Christmas delivery. You don’t want to disappoint that tea lover on your list. Now, don’t you feel like a regular Santa’s helper? Ho ho ho!
© Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog, 2009-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this article’s author and/or the blog’s owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.