Hello again, fellow tea lovers, time to explore special dates in November that are worthy of a toast of the teacup. Of course, there some well-known ones: Veterans’ Day on the 11th and Thanksgiving on the 22nd. We need to pay some attention to the lesser known occasions. I present some for your to explore and celebrate.
- All Saints’ Day — November 1st — This is also known as candy pig-out day. Hopefully, you have all those candy bars, etc., x-rayed by now and sorted by which to eat first, second, third, and so on.
- Gunpowder Day — November 5th — Sadly, this isn’t about that tasty green tea from China. It’s about the other Chinese invention — that black powder that makes things go boom.
- Marooned without a Compass Day — November 6th — I’d much rather be macarooned without a compass. Who needs to know directions when they’re enjoying those coconutty delights? Certainly not me! And a nice cuppa Kenyan goes well with them.
- Chaos Never Dies Day — November 9th — This seems pretty defeatist to me. It’s like saying that all my efforts to be organized are a waste of time. Hm…time for a sit down with a cuppa tea and organize my thoughts on this.
- Operating Room Nurse Day — November 14th — The unsung heroes of the operating room. They keep the sweat off the surgeon’s brow, keep track of the surgical instruments, and pretty much assure that things go smoothly, plus they have to have a fairly high knowledge of medicine. That certainly deserves a toast of the teacup.
- Button Day — November 16th — A day to celebrate these things that keep our shirts and blouses and coats and jackets and more from flapping around or falling off altogether. Have some button cookies and a nice pot of Breakfast Blend tea.
- International Men’s Day — November 19th — They comprise about half of the human population and tend to be fairly useful around the house with such tasks as smashing their thumbs with hammers and leaving a smelly trail when taking out the trash. Hee! Give them a nice tea time breakfast with crispy bacon or sausage, eggs, pancakes, and some fresh squeezed orange juice. Oh, and a big pot of strong black tea.
- Black Friday — November 23rd — Folks who the day before feasted on turkey and a host of other seasonal foods now head out to the stores like a throng of ants leaving their hill on the hunt for any treasures to bring back to that colonial abode. Shoppers, take along a mug of tea or else you’ll need to resort to getting one of those coffee house cuppas.
- Shopping Reminder Day — November 26th — Whether you’re planning to hot foot it to the local mall or log in and cruise the Internet, have your list handy and your budget, too! And don’t forget some gifts of tea, treats, and teawares for the special folks on your list.
- Electronic Greetings Day — November 29th — Electricity is one of the marvels of the world, and the harnessing of it by such creative minds as Tesla and Edison a true testament to the power of the human mind. Recognizing the wonders of those little leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant is another feat of almost equal achievement and one that affects as many if not many more lives. Time to steep up some tea and celebrate. Oh, and send a text message to a friend just to say “Hi!”
You’re all set for November now. Get ready to eat turkey like there’s no tomorrow and shop til you drop!
© Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog, 2009-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this article’s author and/or the blog’s owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.