I want to make one thing very clear: my dear husband doesn’t need a special day to surprise me with flowers, candy, or other little gifts. But in case he should happen to want to get me a nice little something for this lovers’ holiday, I’m happy to help him out with a few suggestions …
He could start with a beautiful seagrass basket from a local gift shop. I have several of these in my tea room/library already, as you can see in the second photo here, and can always use another. And then he could fill the basket with:
- This teapot from the Vanderbilt collection that will remind us of our fifteenth wedding anniversary visit to the Biltmore estate in Asheville, North Carolina.
- A tea cozy in a pretty blue pattern of cranes in recognition of my love for origami.
- Tea towels for tucking things into the basket. Perhaps this one featuring a teapot composed of tea names, or another one embellished with a charming embroidered teapot. Or both – you can never have too many tea towels!
- A pair of bright pink Moroccan tea glasses. Perfect for elegantly sipping our morning tea together.
- At least one package of scone mix. I’m particularly fond of the oatmeal variety. And a bag of chocolate chips or chocolate-covered raisins to mix into the scones. Because what would Valentine’s Day be without chocolate? The scones will be especially good baked in this heart-shaped baking pan.
- Lots of “shalom” with this pretty heart-shaped silver necklace.
- These toasty warm socks with hearts knitted right in for a chilly February morning.
- Several little Victorian style heart-shaped soaps, or heart soaps with embedded images of cats or dogs.
- Speaking of cats and dogs, we need something for the kitties – perhaps these heart-shaped catnip toys. And for the dog, of course – like this toy heart that squeaks “I love you.”
- Finally, there must be tea. Like this Spring Pouchong with its wonderfully floral bouquet, or a rare white Darjeeling White Tips to show me how rare and precious I am to him … and he is to me.
Have a lovely Valentine’s Day everyone!
© Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog, 2009-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this article’s author and/or the blog’s owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.