The fifth month of the year is beginning, a time for the real Spring time to begin (finally!) and to celebrate motherhood. In recognition, here are some teas that I would tend to think of as spring-like and not to miss in May:
1 Give Mom some choices: English Tea Store Flavored Black Tea Sampler
Give your mom choices. After all, she gives you some, usually! And each of these is sure to please. Five bags of each in resealable pouches. No muss, no fuss, and a lot of pleasure!
Some of the flavors that are offered (substitutions may be made according to availability) – steep each for 2-5 minutes in water brought to a rolling boil:
- Lemon Flavored Black Tea – a great Summertime treat with a fresh lemon character combined with a refreshing medium black tea; great with a little sugar, and stunning when served iced.
- Mango Flavored Black Tea – natural mango flavor combined with medium black teas.
- Peach Flavored Black Tea – high grown Ceylon teas and a wonderful, yet delicate peach flavor. Delightful served hot with a bit of sugar or over ice.
- Raspberry Flavored Black Tea – full natural raspberry flavor and high grown Ceylon tea from estates at more than 5500 feet above sea level. A clean true taste with no chemical aftertaste. A bit of sugar enhances the raspberry character.
- Vanilla Flavored Black Tea – warm vanilla paired with a lovely cream character. Try it with a dash of sugar to bring out the sweet flavor.
- Holiday Spice Flavored Black Tea – a refreshing, medium black tea with natural flavors of cinnamon, orange, and clove, and so popular that we make it available year-round. Try it with a little sugar and milk for a wonderful taste experience.
- Monk’s Blend Flavored Black Tea – a dramatic combination of grenadine and vanilla flavors with high grown Ceylon tea that is delicious served hot and wonderful iced. This is a naturally flavored black tea.
- Peach Apricot Flavored Black Tea – a medium black tea with the natural flavors of delicate peach and apricot. Perfect with a touch of sugar.
2 The city of romance in a teacup: Harney and Sons Tea Paris Tea
Harney & Sons will whisk your mother off to the city of romance and rose-colored light – Paris! Well, not physically – just in her teacup. Fruity black tea combines with lemony Bergamot and vanilla for a taste to delight and an aroma that one customer described as “amazing”!
3 Music soothes, and so does this tea symphony: Flower Symphony White Tea
This blooming tea was inspired by artist James McNiell Whistler, famous for his painting of his mother – how appropriate! Three of his other paintings were a series called Symphony in White No. 1, Symphony in White No. 2, and Symphony in White No. 3; they contained portraits of women dressed in flowing white gowns and posing in rooms filled with beautifully decorated fabrics and flowers. They inspired this blend of white teas dancing with hibiscus and lavender flowers. This tea infuses a liquid full of honey notes, white tea sweetness, citrus notes, and floral undertones that delight. Your mother will feel like a queen!
4 Decadence in a cup: Taylors of Harrogate Raspberry & Vanilla Herbal
Ripe raspberries and creamy vanilla flavors dominate in this herbal infusion. Caffeine- and sugar-free, so Mom can sip it all day guilt-free. The mix of hibiscus, sweet blackberry leaves, apple pieces, blackcurrant leaves, licorice root, poppy flowers, natural raspberry flavor, and natural vanilla flavor can be served hot or iced and still taste great! Your Mom will certainly appreciate it.
5 Rose beauty in a glass: Tiffany Rose Melody Flowering Green Tea
Louis Comfort Tiffany, the American artist who is known for his rose glass lamps, inspired this tea, according to a legend. An American tea trader visited China, brought a Tiffany lamp along as a gift for the tea plantation owner, where an artisan saw it and was inspired to create this blooming tea. The amaranth and marigold blossoms combine with green tea and open into a shape that mimics the lamp. The tea liquid gives off an aroma like freshly cut roses and has a flavor of grassy green tea with notes of rose. Brew in a glass teapot or glass so Mom can get quite a show!
Hope you get to try some of these during May to help you show Mom how much you appreciate her. Enjoy!
See more of A.C. Cargill’s articles here.
© Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog, 2009-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this article’s author and/or the blog’s owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.