Thanksgiving is once again upon us. And tea is an important part of this annual gathering of kith and kin. No matter what you traditionally serve in your house, there is a tea that is perfect to go with it.
Flavored teas are especially welcome at such times, and not just any flavors but typical flavors for this time of year. Pumpkin, cranberry, cinnamon, apple, oranges, and various spices. These carry through when the Thanksgiving feast is done and into the Christmas season.
A few options:
- Holiday Spiced Flavored Black Tea — Quality loose leaf black tea with the natural flavors of cinnamon, orange, and clove, available year-round. Great with a little sugar and milk.
- Pumpkin Spice Flavored Black Tea — Black teas and South African rooibos, with natural pumpkin flavoring and cinnamon. Tastes perfect served hot with milk and sugar.
- Apple Spice Flavored Black Tea — A black tea (natural high grown Ceylon tea from estates at more than 5500 feet above sea level) with fruity flavor of apples and delicious cinnamon notes.
- Cinnamon Naturally Flavored Black Tea — A black tea (high grown Ceylon tea from estates at more than 5500 feet above sea level) mildly spiced with a refreshing cinnamon flavor.
- Cinnamon Sibu Green Tea — A sweet and spicy blend of cinnamon pieces, rose petals and natural flavors. An experience for the senses. A delicious tea with dessert or alone.
- Oolong Orange Blossom Estate Tea — Wildly exotic, with a toasty roundness and fruity jasmine notes.
- Orange Spice Naturally Flavored Black Tea — A naturally flavored black tea (high grown Ceylon tea from estates at more than 5500 feet above sea level), tangy taste of Florida oranges, and fresh cinnamon.
- Chocolate Orange Flavored Black Tea — This decadent tea is created using natural flavors, luxury black tea, and natural dried orange.
Stash Tea has a number of Fall and Winter flavors that will go great with whatever your feast consists of (note that Stash – and some other tea vendors – mislabels their spiced teas as “chais”):
- Stash Chai Spice Black Tea — Very aromatic, slightly sweet, strong, and penetrating flavor, with lingering notes of almond. Excellent plain or with milk (regular or evaporated) and sweetener.
- Stash Christmas Morning Black Tea — Black teas and jasmine green tea in this breakfast blend makes a rich, multi-layered drink. Brisk and sweet. Full-bodied. Lovely aroma. Enjoy it hot or iced, with milk and sugar or plain.
- Stash White Christmas Tea — A unique blend of white tea, cool peppermint, and a hint of ginger. Add a touch of sugar or honey to bring out distinct flavor notes.
- Stash Orange Spice Tea — Full-bodied black teas from India, Sri Lanka and China, with cinnamon from Sri Lanka and sweet California orange peel and orange oil. Aromatic with flavors of zesty orange and spicy cinnamon.
- Stash Chai Green Tea — Lung Ching (Dragonwell) Chinese green tea and cinnamon, whole cloves, cardamom, ginger root, and sarsaparilla. Flavorful and spicy, great with milk and sugar any time of the day.
Other brands have some wonderful flavors, too:
- Blue Q Pleasant Holidays with Family Tea — A black tea spiced with ginger, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Harney & Sons Holiday and Spiced Teas — Available in festive blends like Hot Cinnamon and White Christmas, these teas are sure to please. Don’t miss Hot Cinnamon Spice and Indian Spice.
- Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea — A sweet and spicy tea with a blend of cinnamon, orange, and sweet cloves. Very seasonal aroma and taste!
- Revolution Orange Chocolate Green Tea — An amazing combination of flavors: chocolate, oranges, and green tea. The aroma will make your mouth water!
- Taylors of Harrogate Spiced Christmas Tea — Created by master tea blenders especially for the Yuletide season, but popular year round. Black China teas, tangy lemon peels, fruity orange peels, cinnamon and safflower petals. Enjoyed with a bit of honey.
- Twinings Christmas Tea — Expertly blended black tea with traditional spice flavors of cinnamon and cloves. The aroma will get you into that special holiday mood. Enjoy plain or with milk and sweetener.
- Twinings Cranberry Green Tea — Green tea with the essence of fresh cranberries for a great fruit flavor that pleases all the senses.
- Twinings Orange Bliss Black Tea — A fresh citrus tasting tea combining the awesome flavor of freshly squeezed oranges with an exquisite black tea for delightfully sweet tea you will love.
As you’re getting that Thanksgiving menu all set up, be sure to include teas. They will enhance that festive mood and please your guests’ tastebuds!
© Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog, 2009-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this article’s author and/or the blog’s owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
2 thoughts on “Holiday Tea Time — Thanksgiving”
Pingback: 3 Perfect Teas for Your Thanksgiving Feast | Tea Blog
Pingback: Seasonal Tendencies: Winter « Tea Blog