June is wedding month, but it also has Father’s Day on the 17th and Summer Solstice on the 20th. But June is also chock full of other occasions that deserve a tip of the teacup in recognition. Here are ten of them to get you started.
- Statehood Day (Kentucky, Tennessee) — June 1st — Toast the folks in the “bluegrass” state of Kentucky and the “volunteer” state of Tennessee for the anniversary of them becoming part of the United States. Both states are dedicated to freedom, so feel free to have tea your way and toast in your own inimitable style!
- Applesauce Cake Day — June 4th — It’s cake, so I love it already. It has applesauce in it, so it’s healthy, right? So a whole day devoted to this delectable treat that makes any tea time super special makes perfect sense!
- National Gardening Exercise Day — June 6th — To all my gardening buddies on Twitter, this one’s for you! Have a tea break during your gardening chores and be refreshed.
- Hug Holiday — June 11th — This is meant to celebrate the joy of hugging your loved ones. Of course, it can be a little tricky to hug and sip tea at the same time, so plan your day well. Hug for awhile and then have some tea, then hug some more. You can work this out!
- Smile Power Day — June 15th — Gee, hugs and now smiles. June is a month for positivity! Have some positive tasting tea and raise a cuppa in a toast to smile power!
- International Panic Day — June 18th — Okay, now, don’t panic, just fill your teapot and keep it filled. Then, you’ll never suffer empty teacup syndrome, a situation practically guaranteed to raise the pulse and break out the cold sweat.
- National Pink Day — June 23rd — You’ll be truly “in the pink” on this day if you drink a toast of tea. In fact, you’ll be “in the pink” everyday if you have your morning cuppa tea! And mid-morning cuppa, lunch time cuppa, mid-afternoon cuppa, evening cuppa, and bedtime cuppa!
- Beautician’s Day — June 26th — Look your best on this day and drink some tea. It’s supposed to be good for hair, skin, and a host of other appearance enhancing properties. For all tea does for you, you should take a quick moment to toast this “liquid beautician”!
- Sun Glasses Day — June 27th — You don’t have to be a celebrity to sport some “shades.” You might have to take them off to look at your tea and see its true color, though.
- Camera Day — June 29th — The camera has been around since the 1800s but has gone from being a big cumbersome box to something small enough to fit in a cell phone or be planted in a motel room to catch your ex in the act of… uh, anyway, cameras are certainly essential when hubby and I do our tea reviews so we can share the experience with our readers. Plus, seeing pictures of the dry tea leaves and then the steeped liquid on online stores helps when you want to make a purchase. So, celebrate the camera with a toast of the teacup!
You’re all set for June now. Steep up a few potfuls and toast these and other special days this month. It gives you something to do in-between sips!
© Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog, 2009-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this article’s author and/or the blog’s owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Online Stores, Inc., and The English Tea Store Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.